Thanks to abdpbt and Anna’s Listlessness Mondays for helping me with many post ideas. As the title says, this is a list of things I really want need to learn. Any experts out there with words of wisdom? What do you need?
- how to hot wire a car (I know it’s illegal but I’m sure it will come in handy)
- how to fold a fitted bed sheet so it’s not just a blob
- roll my ‘Rs’
- whistle really high using my fingers
- learn a party trick (I can juggle 3 limes, but that only gets me so far)
- become a better conversationalist, especially at networking things where I know maybe one person
- how to be a great mom
Posted in Human nature
Good morning and shout out to abdpbt for the Listlessness Mondays!
I made spinach dip the other day and it was so good. I actually thought: this is the first time I’ve had spinach in months, and it’s so good for you, I wonder if it counts as a vegetable if it’s in a dip?
I mean, I know it counts, it’s not like the spinach is changed in some way making it lose the vitamins and goodness it has. I guess it’s more like, hmmm, do the yogurt and mayo cancel the spinach out?
This made me think of all the foods I really like, that I wish were healthy and have tried to rationalize in my head. Oh stop, like you haven’t done that too.
- spinach dip (especially if you make it yourself with lowfat yogurt and mayo with lots of spinach)
- ice cream (dairy!)
- carmel apples (fruit!)
- peanut butter (especially the natural kind that I love, but surprisingly, it’s not)
- pizza (it’s got tomato sauce which is very good for you, dairy, veggies, minimal meat, how is this not a meal all by itself?)
What else do you have to add?
Shout out to abdpbt for Listlessness Mondays! Ok, so clearly Anna has spent a good deal of time listing her 70 +3 ways to boost blog traffic. How does she find the time between dispensing child rearing advice, being a political commentator, starting The Bathroom Wall and being a TV critic? I suspect drugs. Check it out.
My own list this week is pretty lame tame, but it’s been on my mind. My career, when I was employed, had a large focus on words. I wrote, a lot. I edited more. I read volumes of crap. Some words just flow off the tongue. Some, not so much, but are still fun to say. I realize I miss the writing and even the editing. I’ll try to do better here in the future but I can’t make any promises. I do promise to try to work these words into more posts and everyday conversation.
6 words I love.
Bonus word: strategery
As in: What kind of strategery do I need to implement to generate more blog traffic?
This totally made up word is typically used in corporate settings by someone in mid-level management who is suffering from a hangover and is hoping someone younger and smarter in the meeting can actually understand and answer this question.
Another shout out to Listlessness Mondays at abdpbt!
Her list is great, check it out. Anna, I’ve got the socks and I’m with you on #10.
6 things that drive me crazy:
- people not knowing how to merge
- the smell of burned microwave popcorn
- Britney Spears
- not being able to roll my ‘Rs’ (any tips please?)
I’m sure there are more things, but this is off the top of my head. I might add to it later today.
Shout out to ABDPBT for Listlessness Mondays!
Best inventions ever, according to me, in no particular order: