I’m watching too much tv. I need to start looking for a new job soon but I don’t want to. The highlight of my day right now is snuggling with the 9 week old bundle on the couch. Followed closely by a large over-priced latte when we go for a walk. But back to the tv, I’ve been watching a solid hour of the Cosby Show from 4-5, right before Ellen, almost every day. That combined with a little of the Today Show is really about it, but it’s more than I used to watch. That would be because I used to have a full time (paying) job during the day. Anyway, the Huxtables rock. Right now it’s the early days, when Rudy was still cute. The last two episodes actually had a young and dorky(er) Adam Sandler. There are some great lines in this show and since you might not be available to watch the classics, I thought I’d take a few minutes to share the highlights with you. Consider it a public service. Shout out to ABDPBT for Listlessness Mondays!
- “I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.” – Cliff
- “When you come to our room, knock on the door. When we ask who’s there, you say who it is.” – parents – Knock-Knock- “Who is it?”- parents, “Who it is!” – girls
- “Regular people? You want to be regular people?… the government comes for the regular people first.” – Cliff
- “No boy should be wearing an $85 shirt unless he’s on stage with his four brothers.” – Cliff
- “You’re afraid to try because you’re afraid your brain is going to explode and it’s going to ooze out of your ears.” – Cliff
Hmm, seems Cliff has all the best lines. Speaking of Bill Cosby, I saw him on Meet the Press the other day and he is looking old. I guess not old, just his age. He must be in his late 60’s right? It made me think that if the show was still running, Rudy and Olivia could actually have kids now, Winnie and Nelson definitely would, and he would be a great-grandfather.
What happened to the writers of the Cosby Show?