Every once in a while over the last 2 years my mom has sent me big manilla envelopes. Envelopes filled with…. random mementos from my childhood education. When she came to visit she brought the motherlode. Contents included:
- 11 A+ spelling tests from 3rd or 4th grade
- several tear out activities from grammar school
- 3 excellent short stories from grammar school, fully illustrated in crayon
- various certificates saying “good job” and “excellent” for reading and volunteering in class (do schools still do this?)
- 5 programs from late grammar school and jr. high for either being in the chorus or…. playing coronet
- 1 long division test with a 90% grade
Why just the one math test you ask? Because even when I was 7 I sucked at math and that was probably the highest grade I ever got.